Thursday, October 22, 2009

SURPRIIIIIISSE!


















Jeff surprised us all by taking us to Disney World for our Oct. Break. It was wonderful. The kids thought we were going to Colorado until we were on the plane and Bubba leans over as says we are on the wrong plane, what are we doing going to Orlando? Maggie just assumed Orlando was in Colorado. What grade is she in again? Jeff had picked up some booklets to let the kids look at, Josh just kept saying in a loud voice; it’s a Small World, Indiana Jones, Rockets, look. They were excited, I was excited.

We stayed at the Orange Lake Resort and it was super nice!

Tuesday Oct 6th we went to Hollywood Studios, that was Maggie’s fav. Aerosmith Roller Coaster, THE BEST! It was really relaxed, did the park and was finished around 3pm, headed back to swim and cool down some. The Humidity was bad; us Dry Heat people just don't know how to handle it. Later that evening we went back and watched Fantasmic, FABULOUS! I loved it.

Wednesday Oct 7th we headed to the Magical Kingdom, which was of course my fav and Josh’s. It was a challenge just to get to the entrance gate. You would park your car, get on a tram, and then make your way to either the Ferry or Train; from there you would walk to the entrance. Josh and I were getting ready to get on the tram when this lady just pushes Josh, yea Josh, out of the way and jumps on. RUDE! and then wants us to let her two teenagers get on in front of us.

We were here till about 5pm and of course we rode It’s a Small World. We left to go get dinner and cool off some, the humidity was kicking our bootys. We had dinner at Giordano’s, best and I mean BEST Stuffed pizza ever. (We used to eat it in Chicago when we lived there.)

Later Me, Maggie and Jeff went back to watch the Fireworks Show. Met some funny Australians, got in trouble a few times from standing in the street, watched an AMAZING firework show, saw Tinker bell fly away and had a heck of a time getting back to the car. It was like herding tens of thousands of people back to either the train of ferry, then to the tram. Talk about pushing and shoving! Fun times... Fun times!

Thursday Oct. 8th we decided to take a day off from a park. We had tickets to eat dinner with the characters. They came and picked us up in a Limo, which was SWEEET! Took us to Downtown Disney for a couple of hours and then we headed to Mickey’s Cafe. On our limo ride we had another little family with us, they were from Scotland, so cute, (where Susan Boyles from). Their accent was so strong, very hard to understand them. The mom was extremely talkative. We enjoyed them.

Friday Oct. 9th we headed to Epcot, Bubbas fav. It was all mostly inside, unless you were walking from building to building. We did Space Training, made me sick, worst ride EVER! Everyone else loved it. Josh was kinda being a stinker and didn't wanna go on, I kept trying to stay with him, but no we went. I knew I was in trouble when we got in our pod and there were throw up bags. UUGH! You seriously got some g's on that ride. Josh comes out totally excited, he loved it, all the kids and Jeff did. I'm the only sissy. I still get nauseas when I think about it.

Saturday Oct. 10th we were up and headed to the airport at 4:30am, which by the way in AZ time was 1:30am. Talk about missing out on some zzzzzz's. We slept or I should say TRIED to sleep on the plane.

We all had a wonderful time and enjoyed ourselves. Thank you so much Jeff for taking us. He ALWAYS plans the best trips. We love you!

1 comment:

Toni said...

That looked like so much fun! By the way, I think it's time for a blog update! Ha! Hope all is well!