Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cheerleader in Da House

My baby girl tried out for cheer all of last week and now we can officially say SHE IS A CHEERLEADER! It wasn't easy either. Two weeks before tryouts she broke her pinky toe. She normally does tumbling barefoot but for tryouts she had to wear tennis shoes. I bought her a pair so she could wear them ahead of time, but because of the broken toe she couldn't even get the shoes on. Once she could put them on all she could do was fall flat on her face when she would do her standing back tucks. She finally was getting the hang of it.
She started tryouts on Monday 04/20/09 and she gets in the car totally excited. Couldn't stop talking about tryouts, her tumbling, sticking her back tucks, just everything. Tuesday she gets in and doesn't say a thing. Just sits back and is real quiet. I try to ask questions, she doesn't say much. I'm thinking omg, she had a bad day at tryouts. We are not home but 10 mins. and she is puking her guts out. Every 2 hrs, all night, all morning long. She says to me, "mom, maybe I am just not suppose to make the team." I felt soo bad for the poor girl. She is standing in the bathroom getting her hair done and she is complaining about how hot it is, and then says 'I can't see". Totally falls right to the floor, faints, passes out. She is just so week from all the puking. But she does go to tryouts and does her best.
Friday 04/24 were final tryouts, her group of 3 was one of the first groups to go. She thought she did ok, stuck her tuck and did a round off back handspring layout. About an hr later she was given her letter that informed her of making the team. This team is not an ordinary 7 -8th grade team, they are freaking good. There were 50 girls that tried out and they took 29. We are sooo EXCITED!!!!! Its gonna be a fun year for her.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Congrats Maggie.... She will be a great cheerleader!

Fisk Family said...

Maggie will be the best cheerleader out there. I can't wait to go to the games. Way to go sista love you :-)