Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Fourth


It has been 17 yrs today that my Sweet Mom went home. There is not a day that goes by without me remembering her. I think of her often and miss her soooo much. I still remember the call that came around 3:30 am 17 yrs ago. I would wake up weeks after at 3:30 am with the phone in my hands. I remember on the way to the Hospital the dj on the radio made the comment "today is the only day of the year that you can move forward, March Fourth." So true, My Sweet Mom marched fourth and went home.

I miss our little vacations she loved taking. The year I graduated and we went back East to see her family, laying on the beach til she was red as a lobster and the rest of the trip she peeled, layers of skin would just fall off. (Misty, remember having to buy a little broom to sweep it out of the car.) Miranda remember her last trip to Disneyland with Zac as a baby? We kept calling home and telling them we were staying another night. The hotel final kicked us out, that didn't stop us tho, we just found another.


My Zachary was the only one who got to enjoy the spoiling of a Grandma. And boy did she spoil him. Bubba was just 2 months old when she passed. She used to ask if she could hold him, and would hold him for hours. Bubba was the BEST baby ever and would just lay nice in her arms. She was paralyzed on her right side from a stroke, bubba would be soo good that she wasn't afraid to hold him with her left arm. My Maggie got to enjoy her in Heaven, and I know she was loved up there and my Mom was with her when she came to me.

I miss her a lot, there isn't a day that goes by without me thinking of her. My little Maggie is with me a lot and always is there for me when her mom starts crying on the way home from tumbling. This day last year she sent me a text: Mom, I know today is a hard day for you because someone ( she didn't wanna say who, she thought it might make me sad) is no longer with you. Just remember that I am here with you and I love you with all my Heart!

She will forever be in my heart!


MOM, I LOVE AND MISS YOU SOOO MUCH!

3 comments:

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

I can't believe it has been 17 years. I'm sorry she has not been there for you. I don't know if you knew but my mom has cancer. she is in remission over 5 years which is unheard of for stage 4 cancer but am glad she is still around. I'm so glad you have a beautiful daughter that can comfort you.

Valerie said...

I cant believe Grandma has been gone for 17yrs. I sure do miss her and Love her! Thank you for your post I love you and we will see her again one day!

Toni said...

That was really sweet. She seemed like a great person!